[Kde-pim] KDE 3.3 Release Plan is up

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sun May 9 15:41:55 BST 2004

On Sunday 09 May 2004 09:15, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> For me this also isn't an important question. For me it's much more
> important how a release plan affects the developers and the way they
> develop. How the software is deployed and used is something which in my
> opinion we can happily leave to the distributors.

OK, so let's not hide behind uninformed arguments about how enterprise uses
KDE, but let's get to the two real topics (that is quite well pasted on the
background of this discussion since the beginning):

1) developers aren't all agreeing with the schedules chosen for releasing the
whole KDE. So the topic here is "what can we do to make the scheduling even
more generally acceptable" (I personally think there is a lot of effort and
fine tuning going all the time, trying to accomodate everybody).

2) there is a (still blurred) perception that KDE, when released as a whole,
raises problems of efficiency, control and communication in respect with the
relationship of developers with the users.

Of course, these two were already discussed to death. It just seems that a
valid conclusion wasn't reached.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org