Namespaces in libkdecore

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Sat May 1 18:17:15 BST 2004

While talking to some other developers, it seems that the use of
namespaces throughout KDE libraries is a wanted feature, despite the
fact that it would break source compatibility.

So, having that in mind, I intend to merge libqt-addon back into
libkdecore (whence it came in the first place, a year ago) using
namespaces.

The question then becomes: what would be the best way?

My personal preference is to have
	KDE::Module::Class
in an include file called
	kmodule/class.h

Hence, my QStreamSocket class would become KDE::Network::StreamSocket,
in include file knetwork/streamsocket.h (inside kdelibs/kdecore).

Do you like this proposal? Any other suggestions? Drop namespaces
completely?

I plan to ask sysadmin for the move during this week, maybe Monday.
--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info