Bug in KXMLGuiFactory::addClient()

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Mar 31 18:12:11 BST 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 18:54, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 March 2004 18:52, Anders Lund wrote:
> > On Wednesday 31 March 2004 17:24, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Opinions?
> >
> > Look at kates and kdevelops config dialogs, they deal with the same
> > issue.
>
> KDevelop does it wrong. And so does Kate. Quanta does it right, as I
> implemented a workaround. ;-)
> Try the example I gave in Kate or KDevelop:
> - open two files
> - set the shortcut of Select All to CTRL-1. Now CTRL-1 is selecting all
> text in both views
> - set the shortcut of Select All back to the default CTRL-A. Now in the
> current view this works OK, but if you switch to the other one the shortcut
> for Select All is still CTRL-1 and not CTRL-A.

I believe you, I have a somewhat similar issue with the editor shortcuts: I
can change them, but if i set a action to use a shortcut that is allready in
use, i need ot restart for it to take effect. Those are saved in a KConfig
object.

So I'll support your suggestion, and please show me/ushow to do this right :)

-anders

--
Document your code
Check before comitting

Microsoft is responsible for all that spam and all the viruses
that is poluting the net and our PCs. THEY are the ones distributing
insecure software.