KDirWatch emitting dirty signal many times for one change

Josef Weidendorfer Josef.Weidendorfer at gmx.de
Wed Mar 31 08:47:49 BST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 23:06, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Thursday 25 March 2004 18:01, Josef Weidendorfer wrote:
> > On Thursday 25 March 2004 16:53, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> > > If I remove the file before saving I don't get any notifications
> > > anymore. Very good.
> >
> > Fine.
>
> Can you commit that patch to HEAD and if we don't get any problems to
> 3_2_BRANCH as well? Or do you want me to do it?

It would be good if you can commit it (with your change to always have a
slotActivated()). It is only about FAM, and you can check it. I still had no
time to compile a FAM with DNOTIFY on my machine, and it looks important for
this installation type (FAM/DNOTIFY).
Before backporting to the BRANCH, it would be nice to check it with a FAM
without DNOTIFY.

Cheers,
Josef