adding to kde user interface guidelines

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Fri Mar 26 08:56:50 GMT 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 09:41, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > Drag: Move if selection is writeable. Copy if selection is read only.
>
> I don't think the standard user is really aware of wether a selection is
> writeable or read only. Better choose a consistent behaviour (copy only?).
> In my understanding/experience d&d copies things. Moving is somewhat
> destructive, so better make it more complicated to achieve it.

Kate users would not understand that. They want to be able to drag-move in
writable documents. The emplemtation will show a icon that hints about the
performed action.

-anders

--
Document your code
Check before comitting

Microsoft is responsible for all that spam and all the viruses
that is poluting the net and our PCs. THEY are the ones distributing
insecure software.