khelpcenter+drkonqi -> kdelibs (Re: Refactoring KCM technology)

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 14:35:08 GMT 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 11:08:15AM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> > Having the libs in kdelibs and run-time  dependencies in a new
> > separate module might solve this problem, though.
> Yes (the kdeframework idea, or kdelibs-apps). But I don't think this
> is necessary

> (and we already have lots of small helper binaries in kdelibs, which
> isn't a big problem).

yup, but there is an aspect about it that bugs me: kconfig_compiler
being a subdir of kdecore. it sucks major ass to have that relinked
every time before i can install my freshly f*cked up^W^W patched
KProcess. oh, same for kde-config. so i'd basically request to have
kdecore-apps for something like that, i.e., libs/apps splits within the
modules.

oh, btw, we wanted to move lots of helper apps to ${libexec} now ...

greetings