KDirWatch emitting dirty signal many times for one change

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Mar 23 12:25:43 GMT 2004

Am Dienstag, 23. März 2004 12:59 schrieb David Faure:

Hi David,

> > My KDirWatch says it's using FAM, though. Or is FAM using dnotify
> > internally?
>
> It is.

IIRC KDirWatch uses FAM if it is available but falls back to dnotify
otherwise.

Last time I checked FAM it used dnotify internally if available.

Notice: FAM is slower and needs extra resources but also works in contrast to
dnotify also for NFS home directories.

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de