Fwd: kstdaccel patch

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 21 16:22:25 GMT 2004

On Monday 15 March 2004 13:23, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Not that this is really a change in behaviour, because the default really is
> Ctrl+Home, and the most prominent usage of it is for Konqueror's home action,
> but perhaps it'd be better to deprecate this one in favour of
> beginningOfDocument()  (a'la the added beginningOfLine()).

I started doing this, then reconsidered: why should we have a distinction
between home() and beginningOfDocument() , when home _means_
beginning of document? Both would default to Ctrl+Home, so they couldn't
be used in the same app anyway. We have a single "beginning of document"
shortcut, by default, and in konq it means "go to home url", in other apps
it means "go to beginning of doc".
Ah, your point is that a user could configure a different shortcut for those?
Then konq should have its own action, and stop using KStdAccel::home(), IMHO.