KDE 4 modules structure (again)

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Wed Mar 17 19:33:37 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 19:41, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf writes:
> > So, I proposed: let's keep big cvs modules.
>
> Just for clarity, what you're proposing is something completely
> different from what I'd like to see.  I'd like to see apps like
> konqueror all in their own module.  Read my other mails for more
> information.

What you propose is what Gnome uses. And their release process means that the
release manager has to gather something like 70 different tarballs for each
release. Some make the release, some don't, depending on whether the guy in
charge is listening or not, in which case they use the one from the previous
release (if I recall correctly). I'm still subscribed to gnome-hackers and I
chuckle every time I see one of their "tarballs due" call :

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2004-February/msg00088.html

In short : it does not work. Give it up already, please.

--
						Guillaume.
						http://www.telegraph-road.org