KDE 4 modules structure (again) (was: structure of kde cvs modules, was Re: libkipi in kdesupport)

Richard Moore rich at xmelegance.org
Tue Mar 16 00:01:33 GMT 2004

On Sunday 14 March 2004 18:07, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On Sunday 14 March 2004 07:55, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> > Cristian Tibirna writes:
> > > IMO, apps should be hosted independently (each one
> > > in its module, with their respective docs, web page and
> > > internationalization. But I'm far from knowing if this is even
> > > feasible.

I have to say, I am dead set against this. It will make life easier for a tiny
number of packagers (for whom we've already provided scripts) and will be an
utter nightmare for everyone else. Sorry Christian but I really disagree with
you here. Splitting things up like this would make the build process for
developers (a scarce resource) a nightmare and would make it almost
impossible to ensure that everyone is working with consistent versions
leading to horrendous version skew within the core of KDE.

Rich.