kimgio + kfile-plugin for SGI images (*.rgb, *.rgba, *.bw, *.sgi) [which mimetype?]

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at kde.org
Tue Mar 9 20:35:46 GMT 2004

* Thomas Badran -- Tuesday 09 March 2004 17:57:
> Ive worked with this image format a lot (infact i have a broken
> implementation for rgb only images on my machine) and this is the
> mimetype i have always seen used. Both the extension .rgb and .sgi are
> used regularly for these images.

And reportedly even *.al -- for mere alpha layers. But that's, of course,
a normal one-layered grayscale image then. With a fancy file extension.
Haven't considered that yet. I'd like to get some feedback first, if
*.al is actually used in real life.

m.

PS: RGB in action, displaying FlightGear textures:
    http://members.aon.at/mfranz/kde-sgi.jpg