Runaway QSlider : it's a Qt bug

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Sun Mar 7 10:39:43 GMT 2004

On Sunday 07 March 2004 11:33, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> While I don't argue that it might be possible to find a generic solution to
> this and similar problems on the toolkit level, I'm not quite sure how,
> yet. General rule: do not exclude user input when the mouse is pressed
> down.

But the problem is that at the time I'm excluding user events, I don't expect
the mouse button to be down. It's true that this is a wrong assumption in the
case of the qslider, given that it reacts to the mouse button being kept
down.

> The sitation is roughtly equivalent to installing an event filter on a push
> button on press that eats all mouse release events. It is hard for the
> toolkit to know why you might not want the button to remained pressed down
> in this case.

Indeed. I think I'll just replace the slot's content by the posting of a
QCustomEvent and do the "long changes" in the event handler.

--
						Guillaume.
						http://www.telegraph-road.org