open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Mar 5 21:27:09 GMT 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 22:10, Zack Rusin wrote:
> It's not like anyone would be going around and removing options behind
> your back. You make it sound like there's a conspiracy around a corner
> and me and my four hoursmen of apocalypse are gonna go around cvs and
> force my will on everyone.

Well, when you were talking about preparations in order to

> start retiring a lot of advanced
> options which power users want but which confuse the hell out of normal
> users

and explained that

> it means removing them along the 'advanced' buttons which are
> plugging all dialogs.

and then added that

> We're
> just removing clutter from the main dialogs, where those options
> shouldn't have been in the first place.

...it certainly sounded that way. FUD is a dangerous thing.

Of course wouldn't object to an application that helps me find _undocumented_
features (i.e. not in any manual and not in any GUI - like those hidden
separators in kicker) in a nicer manner than going grep and less on my .kde.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org