KDEvibes: sounds and jingles for KDE

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Mar 3 20:38:44 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 21:22, Wade Olson wrote:
> Thanks for all of the input Frans.
>
> I agree with your insights.
>
> Since kde-artists shouldn't necessarily be limited to 'visual' artists, and
> an icon style guide has recently been released, is it time for an acoustic
> style guide as well?

Yes, could be a good idea. We perhaps more need a paper(as in resource) which
discusses the important issues and is informative(educative). Then, with that
knowledge it would be rather easy to give constructive feedback and "judge"
sound themes. I don't know where to draw the line between Guidelines and
basically a HOWTO but some kind of document on this topic is probably a good
idea.

The paper should be backed up by some research(with clear footnotes to
dictionaries, research reports etc.) and also skimming the net for what
various sources has to say in the subject(the linux sound community has
become pretty big). It could also be a good idea to ask usability
engineers(Ellen&Co for example), the engineers at Lindows(and similar) and
people behind big sound projects(such as Audacity) for feedback when a final
draft is here..

I really like the documentation efforts lately :)

BTW, lets move this discussion to kde-artists.

Cheers,

		Frans