Move KolourPaint into kdegraphics?

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Mar 2 02:26:42 GMT 2004

On Monday, 01 March 2004 19:41, Jason Keirstead wrote:

> IMO if one was to be removed it should be kcoloredit, not kcolorchooser.
> But they are both in the same dir in kdegraphics, so they seem to be the
> same app anyways?

Why remove? Merge. Each has good parts and nice ideas. Merging them
(functionality wise) would be best.

Anyways, menus, status bar and toolbars are bad ideas for this kind of tool.

Having the palettes containing named colors be automatically displayed as
lists -- color square + color name pairs -- instead a color matrices would be
a nice touch.

KColorEditor lacks a lot of documentation too. What is the "variable" checkbox
doing (it has a marked effect on the color selection widget, but it's not
obvious what is the concept for this). Same thing for the "replace"/"change"
and the radiobutton.

The palette edition tools (Add color, at cursor, overwrite) are interesting,
but very awkward. Why not have delete instead of overwrite?

Anyways, my main point is: merging.

P.S. ...suddenly remembers one of the main principle of KDE (the one with "we
should -> I will") and starts to shiver.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org