3.3b1 is tagged

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Jun 22 19:05:57 BST 2004

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 21:00, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Tuesday 22 June 2004 19:53 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> > On Tuesday 22 June 2004 20:49, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I created a tag KDE_3_3_0_BETA_1 and will most likely only
> > > update it for specific commits you tell me about. The final tag
> > > is set on saturday evening.
> >
> > Does it mean that we can commit things (and not have to wait until
> > 27th)? It's really hard to work in team 5 more days without being
> > able to commit to the CVS.
>
> You have two choices here (for quanta): slow down development and
> keep patches around having the advantage that you can have hot fixes
> for major bugs you find.
>
> Or you give a damn and continue hacking and have beta1 shipped with
> what you have now.
>
> The suggested way is alternative one.

Slow down is out of question, we must speed up. I already have some
changes locally, so putting just in a hotfix is not so easy (not even
increasing the version number). Well, I will wait some more (until
tomorrow perhaps) and will continue as before in order to have
everything ready before the final feature and message freeze.

Andras