doNotAskAgain Support for KIO Dialogs

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jun 20 15:33:45 BST 2004

On Sunday 20 June 2004 14:39, Stephan Binner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> recently I really started to hate these "You are about to enter secure mode"
> dialogs and wanted to add a "Don't ask me again" checkbox in there. Because
> this was not possible, I had to extend kio (see patch). Waldo reviewed it
> and I would like to see it in 3.3 but it's not listed in the feature list.
>
> So what do you (and the release dude :-) think?

Looks ok to me, but you did too much. No need to touch the old #if 0'ed code
in observer.cpp, and no need to touch uiserver.* at all. In KDE 4 I'd like to remove
the whole set of dialog box methods from uiserver: as indicated in the comments,
they are bad because they block every app which tries to use kio, while such
a dialog is shown.