Python bindings: PyQt and PyKDE

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Fri Jun 18 17:02:19 BST 2004

Hello all,

I'm almost ready to commit a copy of PyQt and PyKDE (and the binding generator
SIP) to CVS.

PyQt and PyKDE are under the GPL, but SIP (the binding generator) is published
under what is basically the Python license (=GPL compatible etc). Is this a
problem?

What I've done is put everything under a 'python' directory in the root of
kdebindings, put sip, pyqt and pykde under 'python' as well as a Makefile.am
file to bridge kdebinding's auto* build system and the existing (and
debugged) build system that sip, pyqt and pykde use.

Anyone got any comments before I commit this all?

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/