NetAccess::file_copy and modification time

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Jun 18 12:09:45 BST 2004

Hi,

 I see that when a file is copied with file_copy, the modification time
is set to the current time. Is there a way to preserve the modification
time of the original file? I saw that Konqueror preserves it, but
grepping through the sources it seems that it is using copy instead of
file_copy. The main reason I want file_copy is because I want to use
the overwrite feature of it which doesn't seem to be available for
copy.
 So is there a (simple) way to do an overwriting copy by preserving the
modification time or do I have to use KIO::copy and be sure that the
target does not exists?

Andras