KDEvibes in KDE 3.3

Artemio theman at artemio.net
Mon Jun 14 07:42:18 BST 2004

Hello again everybody!

Here's what I think:

1. The OGGs will be 128 kbps. This will require not more than 1.5-1.7 Megs for
all the sounds.

2. I agree, the old sounds should be available in kdeartwork-oldsystemsounds
or something like this.

But there's one thing: if some apps have paths to old sounds hard-coded, e.g.
not used via knotify, simple symlinks may not work - because the old sounds
were wavs, and the new ones are OGGs... unless arts will handle this
automatically: e.g. what if some app was using sound.wav. Now it is
sound.ogg, but we have "ln -s sound.ogg sound.wav". Will arts be able to
understand that it's an ogg file and play it appropriately? I mean, will it
be safe to create symlinks from wavs to oggs?

Artemio.

--
A-Man: new music -> http://a-man.artemio.net
[local time 09:33:19 (GMT +3) 14 June 2004] [system uptime 17 min]