Problems with KTabBar::setTabReorderingEnabled

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Jun 11 11:36:12 BST 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 12:51, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Thursday 10 June 2004 22:11, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > The tab reordering feature works not so well if delayed hover-close
> > buttons are enabled. In that case somehow the mouse release event
> > is not detected and the mouse remains grabbed by the widget.
>
> You mean releaseMouse() is not called?

I put a debug statement to KTabBar::mouseReleaseEvent and it was not
called.

> > You need to click once more with the middle button to go back to
> > normal. I looked at the code, but couldn't find the real cause. Can
> > the author of that code verify/correct this case as well?
>
> I cannot verify. Any special start/stop place, delay or some other
> hint?

Try with Quanta. If the setting in Configure Quanta->User
Interface->Close Buttons on Tabs is set to delayed you see the problem.
Otherwise it works. What I do regarding the KTabWidget in Quanta is
(quanta.cpp, initTabWidget() method):

    KTabWidget *tab = tabWidget();
    if (tab)
    {
        if (qConfig.showCloseButtons == "ShowAlways")
        {
            tab->setHoverCloseButton(true);
            tab->setHoverCloseButtonDelayed(false);
        } else
        if (qConfig.showCloseButtons == "ShowDelayed")
        {
            tab->setHoverCloseButton(true);
            tab->setHoverCloseButtonDelayed(true);
        } else
        {
            tab->setHoverCloseButton(false);
        }
        if (!closeButtonsOnly)
        {
            tab->setTabReorderingEnabled(true);
            tab->setTabPosition(QTabWidget::Bottom);
            connect(tab, SIGNAL( contextMenu( QWidget *, const QPoint
& ) ), ViewManager::ref(), SLOT(slotTabContextMenu( QWidget *, const
QPoint & ) ) );
            setTabWidgetVisibility(KMdi::AlwaysShowTabs);
        }
    }
}

Andras