Deprecation of KApplication::invokeBrowser()

Matt Rogers matt.rogers at kdemail.net
Fri Jun 11 00:28:36 BST 2004

On Thursday 10 June 2004 05:27 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Thu June 10 2004 04:57, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to suggest the deprecation of the KApplication::invokeBrowser
> > functions in favor of KRun::runURL since the latter uses the KDE settings
> > for default browser and such.
> >
> > The following patch accomplishes the above. Comments are welcome and
> > appreciated.
>
> I think that's a bad idea, better fix KApplication::invokeBrowser to handle
> the default browser.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo
> - --

Would you mind explaining why this is a bad idea? Obviously, the easiest way
to fix KApplication::.invokeBrowser is just to duplicate the necessary parts
from KRun:runURL. Why not just deprecate KApplication::invokeBrowser, mark it
for removal for KDE 4, and avoid the possible code duplication?

Matt