Scalable icon themes

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Thu Jun 10 18:12:49 BST 2004

I have found that people is experimenting with scalable icon themes.

For example, at the following URL, you can find a classical png theme, and the same in
SVG format, which is roughly 1/10 the size.

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=6153

It seems to work quite well in konqueror, but it shows a problem we have in the toolbar menu:
if you try to change the icon size, the list of available size is 262 items long!
Clearly, that's a bit too many. The theme index.desktop file could be tweaked to reduce the
number of available icon sizes, however, I think we should put some limitation on the number
of choices available there. Maybe there should be the "named" sizes, plus a "custom" entry,
from which the exact size could be entered within a dialog.
What do you think?

Luciano