KSaveFile not keeping mode, uid and gid!

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Jul 23 18:34:46 BST 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 05:43:02PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> In KOrganizer (where we use KSaveFile when saving local files) we have
> the problem that the mode, the uid and gid of a file are not retained
> if uid and gid of the file are not the uid and gid of the user.

i think the symlink follow and uid magic we have in
KConfigINIBackEnd::writeConfigFile could be moved to KSaveFile.
note that this magic is overzealous in writing to the old file in the
symlink case; it could use a regular KSaveFile on the resolved link
target. if this is put i KSaveFile, it should be also possible to
disable this "old file" fallback, as it does not ensure that the old
file is not destroyed until the new one is complete. oh, well, see the
other thread about this ...

greetings