Focus stealing protection, qt_x_user_time and Runtime vs. Compile time check

Holger Freyther freyther at gmx.net
Fri Jul 23 11:55:01 BST 2004

Hey guys,

after my yesterdays troubles with linking kdecore against a too old Qt and
having problems with Intern XAtoms not present in older versions of Qt. I
really wonder why you do CompileTime checks if you've solutions for both
older and newer Qt versions that you check for at compile time.

I wonder why we can't declare qt_x_user_time as a weak symbol and then do
runtime check to see if it is present. Weak symbols are at least supported by
GNU/Linux (gcc/glibc), and MacOS X, I think other platforms offer that as
well.

Is there a general guideline when to use intern XAtoms of Qt and when not to
rely on them?

regards holger

Holger 'zecke' Freyther
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org
Sponsor me! Donate Hardware!
http://handhelds.org/~zecke