kdebase/kcontrol/knotify/sounds

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Thu Jul 22 13:14:10 BST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 13:27, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 22 Juli 2004 12:41 schrieb Scott Wheeler:
> [...]
>
> > *) glib is just about everywhere
> > *) pretty much every distro is shipping aRts 1.2 anyway
> > *) anyone who really wants to perform an exercise in futility can
> > backport this stuff to the 1.1 branch and do a new aRts 1.1 release if it
> > will make it easier for them to sleep at night
>
> Great. So KDE has been GNOMEfyed :-(

If I may chime in, as a packager (who are the ones who are really bugged by
dependencies, gnome-related or otherwise): glib is quite a singular
dependency. It really introduces nothing more than itself to the KDE
dependency tree - it's not worth making a ruckus about. However, at least on
FreeBSD, it presently breaks arts(dsp) with pretty much every gtk/glib app
out there (including xmms' arts plugin) - this is more worthy of attention
(and a fix), IMHO.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org