strange FTP behaviour

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Tue Jul 20 17:25:38 BST 2004

Hi!

I try to debug a nasty Quanta problem and I came to some observations I don't
understand. As they are unrelated to Quanta I will describe them here and
hope someone can tell me the background.

I have two Konqi windows open. Both show the same folder on a FTP server, in
my case running on localhost.

1. If I delete on file in one window the file disappears in the second one.
This is fine and expected.

2. If I copy a new file into one window via drag and drop the file pops up in
the other window. Very good!

3. If I open a file in one window with kwrite and make a save as into the
displayed folder nothing shows up. After a reload I see the file.

Why is the save not detected and adjusts the views? I checked KDE 3.2 and
there it is the same.
Number 1. and 2. even change the treeviews in Quanta, a change in Konqi is
reflected in the treeviews of the running Quanta instance. So it is not a
question of internal communication between the two Konqi instances.

Can someone help me?

Jens