change colors in taskbar buttons

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Wed Jul 14 03:42:22 BST 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 04:15 am, Björn Voigt wrote:

> > The widget used for Kicker buttons is not a QButton if any kind. It
> > is actually a QHeader widget (like at the top of your list of
> > messages in KMail). Most styles draw them using the color scheme's
> > "button" color, though a few use the "background" color. Thus, you
> > shouldn't have any problems getting Kicker buttons to draw in the
> > button color.
>
> di you know some of this themes using
> backgroundcolor for qheader widgets?

In the standard kdelibs/kdeartwork themes there is Light Style 2nd
revision. There are also a few themes at kde-look that do this.

> But I think it should not depends on theme. It should
> be completely independent from the other buttons ->
> another new kind of button, which can configured
> with its own colorkey and could be rendered transparent

There are several problems with including another color in the color
scheme. The foremost is that there is no guarantee that a theme will
honor it. Most themes will just use the standard Qt color roles and
never bother looking up KDE-specific colors. This lack of guarantee
also applies to any transparency option in the Kicker configuration.

--
David Johnson