July 14th, 2004: Feature Freeze, Message Freeze

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Jul 14 09:22:34 BST 2004

Hi!

I was out of town, so I missed to send a warning about the
feature and message freeze that kicks in today (and I'm still
far behind my mail in case you ask)

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.3-release-plan.html
is quite clear in this:
"The HEAD branch is frozen for nonurgent commits till 18th."

This means: Starting with today (that is after today's evening - where today
references to the day in France) concentrate on bug fixing only (there isn't
really much time left anyway).  And do not commit anything that risks breaking
the code base (I call that nonurgent - so if you're in doubt if this is to be
commited, then ask yourself "will the beta be completly useless if I do not
commit") till I tared beta2 on sunday.

The usual freeze date for the translators is friday.

Thanks, Stephan