KCModule & KConfigXT

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Sat Jul 10 18:36:35 BST 2004

On Saturday 10 July 2004 18:02, Frans Englich wrote:
> * I removed the constructor because it had no usage scenario: Since it uses
> the this pointer, the KConfigManager can't find the widgets.

good

> * What about deprecating sysdefaults()? It's not even used in a grep
> through all kde modules.

From what I know it's not going to be used in any app - so yes, looks like
this method should be removed.
This is the cvs log entry for that code:
1.6  hoelzer  2000/03/10 09:08:53
Added a method and a tag to be able to implement system default
values, as suggested by David Smith.

NOTE: This is not implemented, but I don't want to do changes on
the API after kdelibs freeze.

> * What about:
>  virtual void load();
>   // ### KDE 4: Call load() automatically through a single-shot timer
>   //            from the constructor // and change documentation
>   //            FIXME: Why not do it now? How can it break?

Well, it's behaviour incompatible, that's the problem. But I can't think of a
way that this incompatibilty could break anything. So, yes we could change it
now, but it needs thorough testing.

> * If the patch looks good, apply now(KDE 3.3)?

Looks good enough to me. But I can only speak about the KCM part of the patch
- I haven't worked with KConfigXT enough yet to say anything about it.

--
C'ya
        Matthias
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de