tons of hidden konquerors

Ian Reinhart Geiser ian at geiseri.com
Fri Jul 9 14:45:35 BST 2004

Greetings,
	I noticed a very odd thing on my system.  It seems i build up konqi
instances.  What is bizzare is they show up in ps, and kdcop,but they seem to
be not right.  By not right i mean they are not like the normal ones that i
can use.  Their dcop interface only shows:
	KDebug
	KonquerorIface (default)
	MainApplication-Interface
	ksyscoca
	qt
While normal running konqis have:
	KBookmarkManager-/some/path/here
	KBookmarkNoticfier
	KDebug
	KIO::Scheduler
	KShortURIFilterIface
There are about 18 interfaces, and they all have a window that i can use.

I do have konqi preloading turned on, but its only set at one, i have a total
of 26 of these wacked out instances.  Are there any clues on how these could
be started?  I am sure running 26 extra instances of konqi uses up some
system memory, and since they all have consecutive pids i am sure at KDE
startup it launched 26 of them.

its odd, but its been here since KDE 2.x, so im not sure its anything we can
fix.  its just that now we have some lower memory machines with only 128mb of
ram, and KDE eats that up very quickly.  i was hopeful to see if i could get
that running faster.

cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser
--
--:Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri at yahoo.com>
--:Public Key: http://geiseri.myip.org/~geiseri/publickey.asc
--:Jabber: geiseri at geiseri.myip.org
--:Be an optimist -- at least until they start moving animals in
--:   pairs to Cape Canaveral. ~ Source Unknown