New widget style

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Tue Jul 6 01:03:58 BST 2004

I have a widget style (phase) that I would like to include in kdeartwork
after the freeze. It is a simple look with low key gradients, like
Highcolor Classic is. It can be found at
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=11402.

Besides posting here to see what people think of this style, I'm also
wondering about KDE 4.0. Will this use Qt 4.0? If so, how much will the
QStyle interface change?

I asking because "A Taste of Qt 4" seems to indicate that they're
redoing the style mechanism. Specifically, "desktop applications are
moving away from standard widgets and styles towards more customized
user interfaces. Qt 4 will support this modern user interface
approach". What does this mean for KDE styles? Is this another name for
skins? The new paint engine might also have an impact on styles.

Does anyone have any links to Qt4 snapshots or documentation so I can
take a closer look?

--
David Johnson