KToolBarLabelAction class

Felix Berger bflat1 at gmx.net
Sat Jul 3 12:58:06 BST 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 23:47, David Faure wrote:

> Looks good to me. I think it should be added to reduce code duplication,
> if you can name enough apps that would benefit from it.

These are the applications I've spotted so far:

kdict, kcachegrind, kpovmodeler, brahms (and my project ilist ;-))

brahms uses quite a few labels in its toolbars, but the labels aren't painted
correctly in some themes since their name isn't set to "kde toolbar widget".

kpovmodeler uses a button which is not clickable.

The different and inconsistent solutions out there and the fact that it takes
quite some time to find out about the "kde toolbar widget" rendering hack are
good reasons to introduce such a class.

> AFAICS konqueror can't use it, since it needs to derive the widget from
> QLabel to make it draggable.

We could add a constructor which takes the label as an argument, then the
derived label would only have to handle drag'n drop and the rendering tweaks
are done by KToolBarLabelAction.

Felix

--
Use Debian GNU/Linux!