setupGUI and kparts

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jul 2 21:08:27 BST 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 21:54, David Faure wrote:
> So... AFAICS the original method was fine; what's not fine is KMainWindow::saveNewToolbarConfig().
> It should be reimplemented in KParts::MainWindow (ouch, needs virtual_hook)

Actually, it's always used as a slot connected to a signal, so AFAICS no virtual_hook is
needed, the metaobject will find it in the base class (*). Can you test the attached patch?

(*) ok that's a bit dirty, but so much simpler than virtual_hook. If it
doesn't work, I have the virtual_hook-based solution almost done too, don't
spend time on it.