Reading the clipboard from a KIO slave

Oliver Stieber Oliver.Stieber at Integralis.com
Fri Jul 2 13:52:03 BST 2004

Hi,
   I'm trying to write a KioSlave to for the
clipboard.

QApplication::clipboard() returns a valid object and I
can call things like supportsSelection() without any
problems.
But as soon as I try to get or set any data from the
clipboard I get an exception.

I assume this is because my KIOSlave doesn't get
loaded like a normal application and so
QApplication::clipboard() isn't initilized properly.

Any ideas of how I can initilize
QApplication::clipboard() or get hold of the clipboard
(possibly use an external application and dcop, hmm
nasty).

Please note that:

1. This e-mail may constitute privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this confidential email and any attachments transmitted with it in error and you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on this information.
2. E-mails to and from the company are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices.
3. The contents of this email are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the views of the company.
4. The company does not conclude contracts by email and all negotiations are subject to contract.
5. The company accepts no responsibility once an e-mail and any attachments is sent.

http://www.integralis.com