KWallet hang mixing synchronous and asynchronous wallet opening

Richard Smith kde at metafoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 19:22:13 GMT 2004

Hi,

While trying to transition some code to using asynchronous KWallet opening, I
ran across a problem. The code, cut down to its simplest form (attached -
needs an admin/ dir copied in) opens the wallet asynchronously, then, before
the open call succeeds, opens it again synchronously. The result is the
following:

If the user chooses to open the wallet, the synchronous openWallet call
succeeds but the asynchronous wallet never emits the walletOpened() signal.
If the user chooses not to open the wallet, the synchronous openWallet call
never returns and the program hangs.

In either case, neither KDED nor the DCOP server have hung (both are sitting
in their normal select() call), but in the case of the hang the app is
waiting in a read(), called from the _kde_Ice stuff called from
DCOPClient::callInternal.

I'm not sure whether this is a KWallet bug or a DCOP bug, or even where to
look next to continue debugging it. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

PS I'm subscribed, don't bother CCing me.