Support for multimedia keys

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Tue Jan 27 21:36:53 GMT 2004

Moin,

On Dienstag Januar 27 2004 22:23, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Lauri pointed out that XFree 4.3.0 has gobs of keyboard definitions,
> including things like the Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard with many
> multimedia keys (to which you seem to refer later. Would it help if I
> looked in the docs of that keyboard to see what the keys sypposedly do
> under Windows?). And with the right xkb settings, it apparently all maps
> into X keys you can attach scripts to. That may not be sufficiently
> specific to make app-shortcuts, though.

A bit OT but still fitting: This is all broken when you use linux 2.6.x as
they broke keyboard input pretty bad :((
I now have keys with duplicated scancodes and some with no scancode at all. At
least all normal keys still work.

With linux 2.4.x aboves note was right. I selected my keyboard in kxkb and
everything was set. Then I assigned the volume keys to kmixapplet and were
able to change volume globally :)

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein