Support for multimedia keys

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Jan 27 20:13:21 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 15:07, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  while creating actions for KHotKeys that I plan to ship with next KDE
> version (I already have some posted at http://seli.webz.cz/khotkeys), I
> wanted to create also actions for handling the keys on those so-called
> multimedia keyboard (I have such one, not that I actually use the keys as I
> find them cumbersome, but I thought somebody maybe would want to ;) ).

   We actually have some of this already in CVS as part of kmilo.  Not all
hardware actually has these keys map to keyboard events, ironically, so it's
hard to support them generically through a keyboard-style interface.  That's
why I created kmilo.  There is a generic XF86 multimedia key plugin for
kmilo.  Will that conflict with what you have?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/