kwin + Alt-Tab enhancement prototype

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sat Jan 24 22:44:50 GMT 2004

Hi list,

I think the current implementation of the task-window (shown when one presses
the Alt-Tab combination) is rather user unfriendly because it only shows the
icons of all windows, but not the caption of the windows.

If I have a lot windows of the same app open (e.g. konqi), then it is very
hard to get to the right window, because the difference is only the caption -
which I can see only after a lot of trial/errors by using Alt-Tab until the
correct icon in this task-window is selected (and therefore shows also the
text).

My suggestion is to change this to a windowlist like thingy, and I'm currently
modifying this.

Have a look at http://members.aon.at/m.koller/kwin-tab.png for a first
prototype.

I want to know your opinion on this, so that I can finalize it.

Thanks.
--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
registered as user #332716 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.