Tons of questions. And some patches

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sun Jan 25 17:00:37 GMT 2004

On Sunday 25 January 2004 17:53, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Sunday 25 January 2004 16:07, Frans Englich wrote:

> > > The most obvious advantage I see with the .ini style .desktop files
> > > is that they're human read- and editable. With xml it's easy to
> > > forget closing a tag or the like, making parsers bail out and stop
> > > processing.
> >
> > Exactly, and that's a good thing :) .desktop files is something you
> > write once and then it's done.
>
> Wrong. The translators add translations to desktop files. So desktop
> files are actually changed quite often (at least once for each
> language).

But isn't the editing of those(both extracting and putting back the
translation) made automatically by Stephan's scripty script? Thus, the
translator aspect is irrelevant?

Anyway, this seem to become a long thread, I was just curious why the .ini
style was chosen in front of XML/DTD :)

Cheers,

			Frans