3.2 review on osnews

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Fri Jan 16 13:41:31 GMT 2004

On January 16, 2004 8:31 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> No, it doesn't let you drag & drop. Without icons there is nothing to drag

The icon you are dragging is coming from another window.

The whole idea is if you open a Konq or other window, and drag an image to the
desktop, if you have icons showing then it prompts you if you want to set it
as your background. If you don't have icons showing it does nothing.

> The reason for that is that "No icons on desktop" means "No background
> window on desktop"

Why does this need to be the case? When I turn off icons KDesktop is still
running, why not have the window still there to accept drops?

> and without background window drag & drop isn't possible
> AFAIK. Certainly not for 3.2

Not for 3.2, but it is certainly do-able after the freeze.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org