Icon dispute and resolve

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Jan 15 23:49:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

due to that this seems to be the issue of the week, I've contacted Michael
Robertson about the issue and the people who are involved in this.

We will resolve the problems about the icons in a decent manner so that there
are no questions open together with the Lindows people, Everaldo and the SuSE
people who are involved. Discussing theoretical issues here doesn't help us
much, we have clear guidelines about licensing and those count for everyone,
artist, developer, translator or documentation writer. These guidelines were
made to keep KDE free and redistributable and everyone *directly* involved in
this needs to agree on them so that they are followed.

I hope that people besides all love for exaggregational discussions come back
to the carpet and fix bugs instead for 3.2 :) while the other people doing
icons clear out their issues about icon licensing. We will make sure that the
SVG files will be included also under LGPL which satisfies KDE's needs.

Ralf

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org