Konsole showstopper?

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Thu Jan 15 09:09:41 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 17:02, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 04:14:41PM +0100, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > > Problem is that kdebase/konsole/konsole/TEPty.cpp in KDE 3.1 used to
> > > have fcntl(m_MasterFd,F_SETFL,O_NDELAY);
> > > and that got dropped from kdelibs/kdecore/KPty.cpp for KDE 3.2
> >
> > i know, i did that on purpose. obviously some assumption i made does not
> > hold true.
> >
> > > Patch attached.
> >
> > yeah, but i would not bet that it is sufficient. i think i depend on the
> > fd being blocking somewhere. let me see ...
>
> ok, i checked kprocess and i think it should be perfectly able to handle
> non-blocking fds.
> however, i suggest patching kprocess instead of kpty, as the problem
> is specific to it, and probably not limited to ptys. patch attached.
>
> greetings

This patch is also bogus. Please refer to my reply to Waldos mail on the same
thread. You should never use F_SETFL without _getting_ the flags before if
you want to modify them.

regards,
	matthias

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"