Everaldo keeping kde in lock -- was: Icons, scripts and OSX

Ante Wessels vitanova2 at softhome.net
Wed Jan 14 20:24:43 GMT 2004

On Martes 13 Enero 2004 23:45, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Going offtopic and all for these lists, but in the context of this
> thread:
>
> http://www.advogato.org/person/Uraeus/#262
>
> "I have for some time been wanting to include a metatheme using
> Crystal or Outline in g-t-e, but neither of those has been available
> in SVG format, at least not in complete versions. I have noticed
> Everaldo saying the SVG's to be forthcoming for a long while, but
> there has always been one thing or the other holding it up. Today I
> sadly discovered that the reason for the SVG's not being released was
> simply a petty attitude of not wanting to see GNOME use the actual
> SVG's as icons before KDE can do so. The following quote from the
> release announcement for Crystal 1.0 says it all: Altought this
> version is known as 'SVG', the icons are still in PNG format, the SVG
> files will be relased once the support for the format improves in
> KDE. So much for adopting SVG's in a big was as a recent announcement
> on Slashdot proclaimed ;)"
>
> FWIW... sounds nonsense to me...
>
> -N.

Connectiva was first to pay Everaldo. Then they wanted to surprise the world,
the icons were only after a Connectiva release with them brought under the
gpl. That's ok, they paid him, had the premiere, and later everyone could
could use them. AFAIK, no such scheme is played this time.

--

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita