PATCH: 2 small KHTML patches...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Jan 14 02:44:14 GMT 2004

On Monday 12 January 2004 01:24, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 January 2004 03:39, Dawit A. wrote:
> > Ooops... Typo in the previous patch, sorry. Here is the correct one.
>
> No, that patch does not work. It has to clear the referrer even in the
> non-cross-domain case.

Then I do not understand why this is a security/privacy issue then ? I mean if
the server did the redirecting using 302, we simply send the referrer
anyways, so I fail to see why doing it from KHTML on meta redirection/refresh
would be a problem. Both Mozilla and IE do the same thing as far as I can
tell. Also it actual breaks the site that was originally mentioned from
working properly because the correct referrer information is not sent.

--
Regards,
Dawit A.