PATCH: Bug 52115: rename of directory misbehaves

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 07:53:23 GMT 2004

On Monday 12 January 2004 03:52, David Faure wrote:

> Thanks but I'm afraid the patch is wrong (it duplicates code instead of
> fixing the bug :)

Hmm... okay but you yourself said that the "fast" ::rename path is not used
after such trivial errors  which results in unnecessary stats and lookups.
That was exactly what I was trying to avoid once I got a hang on everything.
It is not the easiest thing to trace actions through job.cpp. :) However, it
is indeed a good decision to fix the actual bug first. Could my patch then be
considered as a short-circuit hack for using the quick ::rename path for such
trivial errors ? I was worried it might affect some protocols, but I do not
see how if the protocol returns the proper error codes...

However, the more pressing problem with your commit is that it exposes yet
another bug somewhere else. Here is the dialog box I get when I rename a
directory d1 to d2 and there is an existing directory d2:

http://members.cox.net/kdelists/screenshots/rename-dlg-1.png

> Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

No problem...

--
Regards,
Dawit A.