PATCH: kwallet lockup (#65978/#71048)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jan 12 16:24:44 GMT 2004

On Monday 12 of January 2004 17:02, George Staikos wrote:

> > > The solution is to use asynchronous DCOP calls... (In fact kwallet
> > > seems to have an option to use its home-brew version of those already)
> > > you call and return to the main-event loop. When the answer comes back
> > > you get a signal back. So what needs to happen is that kwallet.cc
> > > reverts to 1.42 and that khtml gets changed so that it opens the wallet
> > > asynchronously.
> >
> >  That's not going to be only khtml, that's going to be everything using
> > kwallet. I'm not sure if people would like to always have to open wallets
> > asynchronously.
>
>   Exactly, reverting callExt for all applications will probably break many
> of them.

 What do you expect to break, besides the popup lockup? I was only suggesting
that people might not like API-wise being forced to open the wallet
asynchronously, I don't see any potential problem with making the call not to
use event loop and only somehow handle the popup problem.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org