kdebase/kcontrol/screensaver

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sat Jan 10 00:57:31 GMT 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 00:53, Nadeem Hasan wrote:

> On Fri Jan 09 2004 05:52 pm, Benoit Walter wrote:
> > But the dialog is still too large and it affects the whole "Desktop
> > Settings" dialog. It does not even fit on a 800x600 display!! The
> > desktop settings dialog being one of the most used ones, such a huge
> > window will give a very bad feeling of KDE.
> > Moreover, it is not very obvious what the option does, it is not
> > documented at all and no contextual help is provided. It would really
> > not be sensible to ship it with 3.2.
>
> I vote for the removal until a better implementation is coded. It is
> really very huge with the lock thingy.

Here's another vote.

As already pointed out - the "Configure Desktop" is otherwise unusable for all
users who run 800x600. I think that must have higher priority than the
feature.
The styleguide says a display in 800x600 must be usable. If a feature can't
conform with it, then, well..

The "display" KCM has similar problems.

			Frans