PATCH: use KGuiItem::toolTip and KGuiItem::whatsThis in KPushButton

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Jan 9 15:17:33 GMT 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 16:15, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> I for one don't like the idea of tooltips on push buttons. I find it
> annoying to see on that for example on 'OK' or 'Cancel' buttons in quick
> dialogs. JMHO :)

Me too, that's why I never coded that when I added KPushButton's KGuiItem
support ;)

As for the What's This help, not sure why I never added that. Probably because
of the point raised already that more often than not the text is not very
meaningful for KStdGuiItems. I think it should be ok if the whatsThis texts
are removed from them, but I don't want to be the one taking that decision
and being held responsible if it breaks something else ;)

--
Martijn