Idea for 3.3 ( was: Moving pop, imap and smtp koslaves from kdebase to kdepim )

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 13:49:33 GMT 2004

Em Qui 08 Jan 2004 10:10, Cornelius Schumacher escreveu:
> On Thursday 08 January 2004 10:56, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> > Instead of every time decide if an io slave must changes place as we
> > have a lot of others that can be moved ( moving the current mentioned
> > to kde-pim fastly leads someone propose move fish:// ftp:// to
> > kdenetwork and tar/zip slaves to kdeutils, makes sense !! ), why not
> > create KDEIO module ?
> >
> > From my packager point of view, will be a lot easier to manage small
> > packages, and from the point of release KDE admin, will be easier to
> > just enable/disable the ioslave subdir on compilation.
>
> How would you package them? One RPM containing all ioslaves, one RPM per
> slave or something inbetween?

Actually here we use to package one rpm per slave.
Is a bit agressive separation, but fit very well  in our policy, since apt-rpm
advent
On current snapshot we have some like
kio-audiocd-3.1.94.1-22cl.i586.rpm
And since some changes will be inevitable, we will probably do the same with
all kio
A kdeio module would make this easy to handle and even create a automated
script to generate RPM's like we did to i18n packages
--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer